[OM] Houston, the Eagle has landed . . .

Subject: [OM] Houston, the Eagle has landed . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:51:18 EDT
Well, not exactly, however the e-1 has landed and brought a couple of friends
with it.  First impression from someone who is many seasons past the point of
having perfect eyesight . . . Incredible!  Auto focus is pretty darn cool.
Winds without an accessory winder. Camera focuses quickly & accurately, handles
well, focuses close and will take some getting use to compared to the
comfortable old OM shoes I've been wearing. So far I have the 14-54mm and
50-200mm
lenses with the 50mm on its way.  I'll pick up the 11-22mm, the 1.4X and
extension tube, but probably won't chase after the e-1 equivalents of the "Big
Whites". Well, maybe if my lottery numbers come in, I'll get them, but until
then
I'll just make do with an 35mm equivalent of 22mm to 560mm.  I started
calling/e-mailing a few weeks ago to Olympus asking about the adapter and got
frustrated a time or two, however this afternoon, I called their tech support
number
(888) 55-digital and immediately got to talk to someone, who took my
information
(address & serial number from camera) and said it would be to me next week.
So if you have an e-1 or are planning to get one you might keep that number as
it worked like magic.

Hope to get the boxes unloaded, warrantee cards & rebates sent in, software
loaded and instruction manuals skimmed through by the week end.  So far no
buyers remorse.  Got the camera on Friday, shot about a roll and a half of film
on
Saturday and Sunday with my OM 2S & made about 20 images with the e-1, that
are the pretty standard first pictures. You know, my wife, my cat, my
Godmother, my sister, my brother in law, my plants.  You get the picture.  Real
exciting stuff.  Actually the flowers weren't bad.

I'll see about getting some stuff posted as I progress.  I think this is a
love affair which may flourish.  Zuiko glass, instant gratification/feedback
and
an evolving system.  Where are those meetings and do they have them every
night?  Tom Scales, if you are reading this, you need to get one of these in
your
hands for a few hours.    Bill Barber