[OM] Tripod mount for Tamron (was "Tokina AT-X 50-250 vs. OM 85-250")

Subject: [OM] Tripod mount for Tamron (was "Tokina AT-X 50-250 vs. OM 85-250")
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:03:54 -0500
Mine busted, that's why I trashed it. :(

One of the things in the back of my mind is that there are a fair number
of these lenses available but many without tripod mounts (probably
because they broke for the reasons you mentioned).  I like to get the
word out that if someone can find one he doesn't need to worry that it
lacks the stock mount, which also is not available from Tamron IIRC.

If yours is working and you enjoy it, no apologies are necessary.  When
mine was OK, I actually enjoyed its design and the fact that the lens
was perfectly balanced on it.

Joel W.