[OM] Re: Tokina AT-X 50-250 vs. OM 85-250

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina AT-X 50-250 vs. OM 85-250
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:02:27 -0700

> tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >All are excellent lenses.  I would put them in order:
> >
> >1) Tamron 80-200/2.8. One of the best zooms ever and the best for OM. By
> >far. Big and Heavy
> >
> I agree except for the 'by far' part. The Tokina AT-X 80-200/2.8 is very
> close to as good. If the Tamron didn't exist, the Tokina would have the
> rep. About the same size, but significantly lighter. Much better tripod
> mount design.

If the Tokina tripod mount is better than the mount on the Tamron I would
hate to see the mount on the Tamron.  I have the Tokina and that is the
only thing that I don't like about it.  It seems a little flimsy in
comparison to the one on the Olympus 300 4.5.  The other thing would be if
it focused closer.  But still one of my favorite lens.
John Gettis