[OM] Re: Beattie Screen ID

Subject: [OM] Re: Beattie Screen ID
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:12:53 -0700
Sounds like a Beattie 82402 <http://zuiko.com/PAGE24.HTML> screen. I
have an 82400 that I got as an unexpected bonus in an OM-1. I suppose
the old owner thought his meter was acting up, since the Beatties
introduce a significant exposure error in OM-1s and the viewfinder
exposure system of OM-2 bodies. Your description sounds about right and
Beatties don't have a number on the tab. No Beatties have a microprism
area which is a bit bigger than the split image part.

Moose