[OM] Re: New site born

Subject: [OM] Re: New site born
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:01:41 -0600
The subject matter and the images are interesting and provocative. There may
have been a chance for peace there if the Palestinians could have somehow
accepted the 1948 division but they, of course, did not. Their vow to
destroy Israel and all it's inhabitants and their continuous killing to
carry out that vow makes peace impossible. Every time Israeli women and
children are targeted it gives Israel an excuse to do the nasty things
depicted in Henrik's images and text. Henrik points out something that gets
very little publicity. The Israeli settlements outside the 1948 boundaries
are located to effectively dominate almost all of the available water
supplies. The Palestinian people have almost no water to sustain life.

The Semites (sand people) were nomads. When they were led to the promised
land there were already other people living there. They took that land by
force and that's what everyone else has been doing forever. The Jews and
Palestinians refer to "their land" but they both stole it from someone else.
Innocent people on both sides of the current conflict are caught in a
terrible situation. Among the governing class, there are no innocents on
either side.

Lets not let this issue divide the list membership into angry factions as it
can so easily do.

/jmac