[OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films into computer

Subject: [OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films into computer
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 14:09:03 +0100
I have been scanning film for about eight months now and while it is
undoubtedly tedious I think it worthwhile, as I never get more than
about 6 images from a roll that I really want to do something with, and
scanning 6 negs individually does not take that long. With colour print
film I would say just get it developed and printed as usual (I'm sure
the cost saving of dev only is not going to be that great as dev /print
is what labs are set up to do). You then have prints that you can use
to decide which you want to scan (as has been mentioned, 'reading' a
colour neg is very hard). You also have the bonus of having a set of
prints for those middling people-shots that you might not want to blow
up big or play around with, but you still think your mum might get
something out of seeing.

James