[OM] Re: Fawsley Northamptonshire #2

Subject: [OM] Re: Fawsley Northamptonshire #2
From: "Graham Battison" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:13:05 +0100
From: "Joseph Ascione" <jascione@xxxxxxxx>

> Graham,
> I take it was a lowland subject to constant flooding?  I was
> expecting to see a spire jutting out of the lake and was very
> disappointed! It is a beautiful shot. But confess its an bucolic legend.
> Regards, Joe
>
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Fawsley_02.html

Hi Joseph,
I don't believe the village was subject to flooding or a more appropriate
site would have been used. Capability Brown landscaped on a grand scale,
probably put a dam across a water course to flood it. The only buildings to
escape were Fawsley Hall (good career move:-)) and the church. I have a lot
of shots of the 13th century church because I keep meaning to do a piece on
it. From the outside it looks really plain but the interior is amazing for
such a small place.

--Graham