[OM] Re: OT Rabies (Was: difficult to photoraph...)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rabies (Was: difficult to photoraph...)
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:10:50 -0500
Greg,
        Most likely HeLa cell line. Commonly used to culture viruses.
Derived from a cervical carcinoma from a patient named Henrietta Lacks hence
"HeLa". Used to use these when I worked in a Biochemistry lab in my pre-OM
days.

Charlie

...The current vaccine is grown on a human diploid cell line in culture (the

culture of substrate cells has twice the normal number of human chromosomes,

harvested from a lady's tumor many years ago, forgot what the type was)...

List Problem"