[OM] Re: A slide film question

Subject: [OM] Re: A slide film question
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:25:54 -0500
Hi Phil,
Sorry to take so long to respond. The first photo was metered with CWA
in auto mode on the OM-2S -- in other words, I just focused and pulled
the trigger.  That's as much sophistication as is ever really needed
with color print film IMHO.  I had a reflector to the right bouncing
light back toward Rachel, so it was pretty even light.

On the shots with the 50/1.2, most of those are on Astia 100F, and I do
think that the tones can be ascribed to the film in this case. Which is
why I recommended it to Chuck (as did about 100 others).  I'm a lot more
confident that what you see coming from the Astia scans approximates
what's on the film.  Whereas it is easier in many cases to get a scan
from color negative, how it should look is always something of a guess
to me.  So many variables affect the end result of a color neg scan.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Joel W.