[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #104

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #104
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:08:46 -0700
>From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: A Weighty Problem
>Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:53:01 +1000

A D60 and  a10D are very close to being identical. For example, they
both use the same battery and battery grip. The EOS-10D has a
magnesium alloy body. The EOS-D60 has a metal substructure but a
polycarbonate main body, much like a Nikon D100 or D70. The 10D
weighs 790g, the D60 855 grams.

You get used to the weight. A 10D with a 100-400 is way, way lighter
than an OM-4 with a 350/2.8! <grin>