[OM] Re: Price is falling!

Subject: [OM] Re: Price is falling!
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 10:24:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 10 May 2004, Michael wrote:

> This fella bought the 3ti from Olympus America a few months back and if I
> recall he paid less than $2000.  A lot of money for a recon camera that was
> selling new for less than $2000 not  all that long ago.  I am sure that the
> 3ti is a rising star and the price can only go higher.  I wish I had ten of
> them.

Perhaps, but there is a limit on how high the price will go.  I can't see it
hitting the $3K+ range anytime soon, if ever.  I think a $20K investment
would be best put elsewhere if you ask me.

> It seems Olympus America has had new boxes made for the recon 3ti's.  The
> originals are black and gold and the box in this sale is of the newer black
> and silver livery.

It's a generic box that Olympus uses for all their reconditioned items. All
they do it put a little sticker on it identifying what's inside. I believe
it's illegal in the US for a manufacturer to sell a reconditioned item in an
original box.
                                        -mark