[OM] Re: Developer preservation, Was: Darkroom - Getting the paper to

Subject: [OM] Re: Developer preservation, Was: Darkroom - Getting the paper to
From: "nicholas t." <poozled@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 13:45:25 +1200
Hello from New Zealand... First time post here.

I am have been working with Patrick Gainer testing and using his
developers for some time now. Most of these developers have been Vitamin
C based. However, in the last 6 months or so we have been trying out
various non-water based developers which use either Propylene Glycol or
Ethylene Glycol as a base. These developers are much like HC-110 but if
you use the Propylene Glycol version you dont have to wash or burn your
shoes if you spill some on them (as the fine print on the HC-110 bottle
recommends). The bonus is that these developers have very long lasting
properties as the developing agents don't ionise in the glycol. I have
produced a pdf with one of the variants in it and soon there will be a
website up with all of the formulas. If you want a copy of the pdf email
me off list.
New developers (not yet on the pdf) include a staining type of developer
which uses Hydroquinone and Phenidone. It is a very good developer with
amazing tones and grain. The other developer is a vitamin c / phenidone
version with outstanding grain characteristics...