[OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 01:06:44 -0700
>> What are your preferred materials and why:
>>
>> A. color negative film

Fuji NPH, NPZ if I need long range flash (graduations, and such). Both are
quite fine grained (need to overexpose 1/3 stop, in my experience--or my
camera is off--to get creamy smooth tones, very wide latitude capture
range of brightnesses, but sometimes outdoorsy shots seem flat because it
is a low contrast film)

>> B. Color Slide film

Fujichrome SensiaII 100, FC Provia 100F, Kodachrome 64. Don't do much
slides. Sensia is great for ppl shots, very neutral, Provia a bit punchier
for landscapes, nothing quite like K64 shot in the late afternoon or early
morning.

>> C. Black and White negative film

Kodak Tri-X Pan when i had dark room access, Ilford XP2 Super (at EI200,
whoever said this thing can be shot +/- 2 stops from the rated 400 is
NUTS; tolerates overexposure very well, not so other way round), but
trying to go to Kodak Portra 400BW, heard lots of nice things about it,
including set up to print on 1hr digital scanned machines.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai