[OM] Re: Ashley Northamptonshire #3 - rapeseed crop - OT OT OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Ashley Northamptonshire #3 - rapeseed crop - OT OT OT
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:27:29 -0400
To clarify - I believe it predates what we now call genetic engineering (it
was around in at least the early 80's). It was bred. That's of course a form
of engineering too, but no transgenic or molecular-level techniques were
used.

Unfortunately I understand it has since been subjected to genetic
engineering, and 50% of the planted crop in Canada and the US is now GMO.
Also unfortunately, we have no labelling laws (in either country) so you are
deprived of your right to make your own choice. Except of course not to buy
the oil at all...

BTW, I'm not totally anti-GMO, but think extreme caution is needed here, and
I'm highly sceptical of the consumer benefits so far.

Andrew