[OM] Re: I, Zuiko?

Subject: [OM] Re: I, Zuiko?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:48:34 -0700
I, Zuiko?   Yes! I had one until I recently sold it to another listee.

The eSIF lists E through J plus L and says "The letter in front of the
word Zuiko (except the S) indicates the number of elements of the lens,
by its position in the alphabet: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 12. The only
'L.Zuiko' (12 elements) was the 18mm/F3.5 prototype that was never put
into production - the final version with the adapter filter ring has 11
elements." Of course, that would have made it a 'K.ZUIKO', but it went
into production as an MC lens with no letter designation.

E-G were pretty common.
H. The 35/2 is 8 elements and was listed as an 'H' in early Lens Group
Manuals, but never produced in a SC version.
I.  24/2.8
J.  The 24/2 is 10 elements and was listed as a 'J' in early Lens Group
Manuals, but never produced in a SC version.

Also " Fisheye lenses, Shift lenses, Zoom lenses and Macro lenses never
carried the preceding characters."

Moose