[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter? WAS Re: Darn .. missed it

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter? WAS Re: Darn .. missed it
From: "Alex Drotschmann" <distinctivedeal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:26:18 -0500
I say that because the 35mm or the 50mm are really not far from it. I guess
if it has to be 40mm, so be it. the value of that lens is that it is
collectible because not many were made, funny enough Oly made it as an
"economy" lens that travels easy and nobody wanted it.
I don't see that it adds much to an oly outfit from a lens perspective. it
became a curiosity because of low manufacture numbers and not because of  a
specific design, such as the shifts, fish eyes, and light giant primes.