[OM] Re: OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4
From: "distinctivedeal" <distinctivedeal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:43:08 -0600
I also have an OM-4 (with TI circuit), and OM-2 and an OM-2n and I prefer the
OM-4. Once you get used to the spot metering you use it a lot and I
personally wouldn't want to be without it since I use it in about 25% of all
my shots. Also the one big advantage of the OM-4 over the 2S is the multi
spot metering. Spot metering alone is great, but the multi spot (up to 8
spots) capability of the -4 is absolutely faboulous!!

I'd buy an OM-4 over a 4t any day since the prices of the 4t are through the
roof and great 4s can be had for about 30% of the price for a t(i). jsut
check the circuitry.

the OM-4 is quickly becoming my mainstay, I love my OM-2s for the fact that
they are just a history camera in itself and are pieces of beauty unmatched
by any camera ever before and after.

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:32:32 +0100, Mike Lees wrote
> Ali,
>
> I regularly use a OM-2n and a OM-4.  I prefer the 4 because I can
> use it with or without my glasses with the dioper adjustment and I
> like the spot meter. On the downside the 4 is a bit of a pain with a
> winder - keeps turning off and the spot button is difficult to reach.
>
> I would agree with what others have said regarding power usage -
> either get a 4 with the new power circuit or a 4Ti (4T).  My 4
> really ate batteries until I got it upgraded.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Mike.
>
> On Wednesday 28 April 2004 3:37 am, you wrote:
> > You are all seasoned Zuikoholics...I get the impression that most of you
> > own the higher end OM-3, 4, or 4TI. Do any of you still use an OM-1, 1N,
2,
> > or 2N?
> >
> > I really was hoping to get a "higher" end OM series camera...I found an
> > OM-4 @ Woodmere camera which is very reasonably priced and within my price
> > range. What is your impression of the OM-4? I own an OM-2S, which is out
> > for a CLA & Repair right now...would I be wasting my $$ by considering the
> > purchase of an OM-4?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > - Ali

> > To contact the list admins: mailto:olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx?