[OM] Flash Photography (Metz)

Subject: [OM] Flash Photography (Metz)
From: Nick Buchner <buchner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:12:54 +1000
The Metz 45CT-1 is not equipped for TTL - it only has Auto ("Telecomputer")
and Manual modes.

Regardless of what cables you have, it might fire but it won't work in TTL.

For the record:

    - the SCA321 is the TTL adapter for Olympus cameras and Metz SCA300
Series flashes, eg. 45CT/CL-3, 45CT/CL-4, 32CT-3, 32CT-4 etc. You connect
the SCA321 to Metz handle-mount flashes using an SCA300A cable.

    - the SCA320  is the predecessor to the SCA321 - it adapts SCA300 Series
Metz flash guns to Olympus cameras, so the ready and auto-check lamps appear
in the viewfinder and the camera's flash sync speed is set - but it does NOT
allow TTL control.

    - the 45CT-5 is an older SCA500 Series flash. To use it in TTL mode with
an Olympus camera requires an SCA521 adapter cable (long discontinued) or
from memory, an SCA321 adapter + an SCA500C adapter cable (the flash
possibly needs modification if it's within a certain serial number range,
but I haven't got that info handy - your local Metz distributor should
know.)

Hope this helps,

Nick Buchner
Sydney, Australia