[OM] [OT] Olympus RC problems

Subject: [OM] [OT] Olympus RC problems
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:42:32 +0200
Wrong list, I know, but you all know so much. :-)

OK: I bought an Oly RC to my wife on *bay. It came delivered all the
way from southafrica to Sweden. Shutter works at all speeds but on Auto
setting the meter SOMETIMES wrongly thinks light is not enough and
locks the camera (as it should in too dark conditions). Other times it
works just fine.
I could take the hassle to return it of course, but it "feels" as if
something just needs tightening or a cable is a little loose or
something. If you turn it upside down/shake it gently sometimes the
meter will lock up.
I have 1,3 V Varta 625 PX batteries  that are relatively fresh. The
meter in the RC shouldn't be too batteryhungry, or?

All help appreciated
Henrik