[OM] Re: Silver nosed Zuiko lenses (24mm)?

Subject: [OM] Re: Silver nosed Zuiko lenses (24mm)?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:46:19 EDT
I'm thinking that the change from silver-noses may have occurred at or near
the time all-black camera bodies became the desired "look", you know, when
everyone wnated to emulate the pros. (~1980-ish?) That silver circle would
definitely go against that all-black look, no?

George S.

 olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It is still the case that silver nose and black nose are cosmetic. It
unfortunate for all of our sanity that Oly made a cosmetic change at
about the same time as they started multi-coating lenses. But, of
course, the process of bringing out MC lenses took quite some time....
and the process of changing the appearance took some time.