[OM] Re: Hoods?

Subject: [OM] Re: Hoods?
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:06:26 +0200

I would just mention that there is a difference between the clamp-on hoods
for the 35-70/f4 and the 35-105 Zuikos. The hood for the 35-105 has a lip
on the mount that prevents the hood being pushed on further than the outer
rim of the lens, or for that matter an attached filter. The 35-70 hood
can/should be pushed further on to the lens.

Roger Key

Chris Barker wrote:

Curt's enquiry about a hood for his 24/2 prompts me to ask: where do
you find the serial number on a hood?

I have a lovely new 35-105 on which I can use a slip-on hood which I
have from somewhere; however, it is marked 35-70 only, so presumably it
was made before the 35-105 was produced.  The eSIF mentions a screw-in
hood, so does anyone have one for me to buy from them?  The serial
number is missing from my eSIF.