[OM] Re: A hit for RAW file shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: A hit for RAW file shooting
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:12:16 -0700 (PDT)
Yuck!  Nice photo, lousy stairstepping.  One workaround would be
to toss in some HSV noise on the background.  Or another would
be to keep the saturation increase limited to the non-background
part of the picture. Do all of your HSV and selective gaussian
blur on a second layer.

I'm with you, though, on the RAW file format.  I wrankles me
that I have to use it, but the benefits far outweigh the
negatives.

Speaking of noise, I'm impressed with your E-1.  It's not a
Canon, but it looks very "film like".  I tried shooting the
aurora last night and the averaged noise floor is only one Zone
below the aurora itself.  It was very faint, though.  I recon
that 30 second exposures at ISO 800 isn't a good idea with a
2/3" sensor. (yes, I'll post a sample on the website)

Skip, we need to keep those OMs running film.

AG