[OM] Re: Totally OT _ Light meter manuals?

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT _ Light meter manuals?
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:31:26 -0400
First an answer, then some meter comments...

 The first one is for an Adorama analog
>spot meter.
This was also available under a different name, Soligor, I think. Don't suppose
that's much help.

The other is for a Minolta Flash Meter II.
I got my manual for my Autometer IIIF off the Minolta website.

On the subject of that, I have used the Minolta for years, to excellent result.
I paid $100 for mine in LN condition seven or eight years ago, and I would
recommend the same, but KEH now lists the flashmeter III for very little more
in EX condition, so that's what I would do. The more recent Minoltas are more
complex, and settings are with buttons instead of thumbwheels, but for me,
that's good. For my day-to-day use, the older system is easier to operate, and
I can average in my head just fine. Don't remember so well, but can always make
another reading.

I still recommend the Minoltas highly, as you have all heard my problems with
Sekonic, probably the result of the US importer.

Then again, I hesitated on a LN Lunapro F for $25 at a swap meet, and a friend
got it.

Bill Pearce

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.