[OM] Re: studio lighting opinions wanted : flash meter and alien bees/wh

Subject: [OM] Re: studio lighting opinions wanted : flash meter and alien bees/white lightning
From: David Cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:27:14 +0000
Hi James:

A commercial photographer friend of mine who has tons of equipment just
purcased an Alien Bees  set of, well, everything...He paid for the whole set
(4 heads, stands, 2 batteries with extra battery, umbrelas, reflectors, etc)
about $3100. His ususal flash system would have cost him the same for just 2
heads with ballasts...he is smiling, smiling...;-)
The Aliens are lightweight (a big plus here) and as he put it, "if they
break you can dispose of them and buy new ones"... He got the white
ones...;-)
I am thinking of getting a basic set up for myself.

peace

David