[OM] Strap Wrench for un-sticking stacked filters

Subject: [OM] Strap Wrench for un-sticking stacked filters
From: Earl R Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:40:35 -0400
This sorta OT, but I made one of those pleasant, surprise "finds" today while
at the local Sears (whatever happened to Roebuck?).  I was looking for
something else, but spied a Craftsman (that's a Sears brand for those of you
not familiar with Sears in North America) strap wrench on a table of "under
$10" items.  It seemed very sturdy and I immediately thought of its use for
unsticking some stacked filters I had lying around.  The rubber strap is
actually a bit wide for use on filters, but I figured what they heck, it's
only $9.99, and it has other uses. so I bought it.  Lo and behold, it worked,
so I'm happen.

Warning:  Political content coming!

The cool thing is that it is made in the UK, NOT China.  I'm on a "Boycott
Chinese Products" rant since Chinese politicos have had an apoplectic fit
over the Canadian PM's scheduled meeting with the Dalai Lama.  Of course they
always complain about anyone meeting with him, but this time they crossed a
line when they compared Tibet's situation to separatism in Quebec.  What a
crock... the people of Quebec have  held VOTED on their affiliation with
Canada not once, but twice.  Democracy in action.  Wanna bet how a fair vote
in Tibet would go?

<<RANT MODE OFF>>

Earl, not wanting to stir up an unmanageable OT thread, but had to get it off
my chest.  (Everything else I bought today (sandals, sneakers) also checked
for country of origin...)