[OM] The squeaky wheel get the oil

Subject: [OM] The squeaky wheel get the oil
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:03:41 -0400
I just returned from the mailbox carrying a small package labeled as
being from "OAI" (Hmmmm. Who is that I wondered)

I open up small package and nearly fall over.  Inside is a small black
box containing an MA-1 adapter for the E-1 and a letter from Olympus
America, Inc. (OAI) saying "Thank you for requesting the OM 4/3 adapter"

Well, I don't own an E-1 and didn't directly request the adapter.  I did
make a lot of noise with Oly Japan before Oly America made their
decision to supply the adapter to E-1 owners in north america.  I did
write a letter to Oly America afterwards asking exactly how one could
obtain the adapter.  I thought the latter had been totally ignored.
Instead, they just quietly slipped me the adapter months after the inquiry.

Some of you may recall that, like the Schnozz, I chose to go with a
Minolta A1 as a bridge camera until the DSLR market ironed itself out a
bit more.  I had pretty much decided against the E-1 based on the small
sensor but I'm having second thoughts since the A1 seems to work very
well with a 2/3 sensor only 1/4 the (areal) size of the 4/3 sensor.
Then there's the issue of "anti-shake" which I have come to regard very
kindly.  I was beginning to drift further and further from the thought
of an E-1.

Now they've just thrown me a big curve ball.  What to do, what to do...
mutter... mutter.

ps:  I don't know if anyone mentioned it before but the adapter is
stop-down only and does not have a pre-set option as does the Kindai OM
to EOS adapter.

Chuck Norcutt