[OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant: No more $$ to Europe!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
My problem is that I've got a Pioneer amp (Made in Japan) and
Bose speakers (Made in USA) that just won't die.  I've been
wanting to upgrade to a high-end amp and speakers for years, but
my wife won't let me until the existing system turns to smoke.
Speakers?  Well, hack if you must, but I like the high-end Bose
stuff.

Don't get me wrong, we attempt to kill the existing system 3-4
times a week.  I've experienced vibration problems with my
enlarger when my wife is studying a new CD.  And my darkroom is
in the basement in the opposite end of the house!  Steel
workbench and concrete floor!

How many of YOUR children tell YOU to turn the music down?

Hey, here's a bit of entertainment for you.  We test-drove a
heavily modified VW GTi the other day.  This thing was setup for
racing and showing.  Those brakes were so strong a person with
dentures would lose them at every stoplight.  The Recaro seats
were really nice--needed them to stay put.  Acceleration?  Must
have been somewhere around 250-300HP.  Cornering?  Too much
understeer coming out of the corner but just right on entry.
Ah, but the sound system.  My wife REALLY liked the car.

Later we checked out the new RX-8.  Forget the ghetto-rocket,
all I can say is "WOW!"

OM Content?  Uh...

AG