[OM] OM-2000 winder lever fix, was: honest vendors and feedback

Subject: [OM] OM-2000 winder lever fix, was: honest vendors and feedback
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 07:27:52 -0400
Brian lamented:
The camera is very lightweight. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
The only real negative for me is that to turn on the meter and to enable
shutter release, the film transport lever has to be pulled out from the
body a little.  Since I use my left eye for viewing, this means that it
pokes into my face.
-------------------------

Getting rid of the eye poking annoyance of the OM-2000 winder lever
 From an original posting by Frank Van Lindert:

"I made the modification needed to have the shutter being no longer
blocked by the winder switch in rest position. I have never made any
modification this easy, and what is more important it is completely
reversible. You only need to dissemble the winder switch (by unscrewing
the tiny Phillips screw on the underneath of the handle) and taking
temporarily away the next three parts sitting around its axis. Then the
blocking ring is visible on top and the only thing I did was turn it
upside down, making sure that the little protuberance in the ring which
would normally shift under the shutter points to the back rather than to
the front (maybe I should say to eight o’clock instead of ten o’clock).
After that you can reassemble the winder switch exactly as it was
before. The little protuberance now lies almost exactly under the winder
handle. All it took was exactly three minutes... and now the OM2000 is
free of the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it still has
twelve months of warranty - I didn’t even have to open the camera
body." (Frank van Lindert)