[OM] Re: Digital exposure and workflow

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital exposure and workflow
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:18:02 -0700
>Another aspect is that he shoots a Fuji S2. This camera has a
>reputation of outputting extremely high-quality JPEG files and
>has a higher "exposure latitude" than comparative cameras.
>Every wedding photographer I know shooting the S2 is doing so in
>JPEG mode--and most of them using the 6MP setting.

I've only seen the wedding work of one photography, that guy who runs a
shop I mentioned down in Middletown. He works with a Canon and a laptop and
often edits right at the scene. His  results to my eye (blown up) are
impressive.

>Time is money--that's a big fact of life for the professional
>photographer.  It churns me that I've got to use RAW mode in the
>M*nolta A1 for the high-quality stuff.  But, I'm learning that I
>can get much better and more consistant results when I do.
>
>As far as where to point an incident meter?  At the camera, of
>course.

Not sure that's always the case, Schnozz. In a studio setting I'd probably
take readings off both the sources and a lens line of sight. Outside and
where distance (lens to subject) comes more into play then yes, at the
lens. (And even there I'd check the source in all directions and see what
the difference looked like.)

Tris