[OM] Re: 35-70 magic shade

Subject: [OM] Re: 35-70 magic shade
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:03:04 -0700
Others have already explained how it works and thus why it won't work on
any other lens. There are less automated solutions in the form of rubber
hoods that 'pop' into different lengths to cover different focal
lengths. I have a Hoya Multi Hood on my tokina 50-250mm - a hood for
50mm is close to useless at 250mm. The Hoyas don't have threads to
accomodate a lens cap or filter on them. Hama also makes similar hoods,
which, as I understand it, have filter threads larger than the ones they
fit into on their inside front to accomodate filters without vignetting.

Moose