[OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Why Film instead of Digital
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
> Thanks for the analysis.  The two factors which m.atter most
> to me are anclival quality and the tactile qualities of a wet
> print.  In addition, no one has mentioned platinum, palladium
> and other non-silver processes.

I suppose it also depends on whether or not you have an existing
investment, both in equipment/facility and skillset.  I'd be
hard pressed to recommend that people make this investment,
given the current trend towards digital unless they have a REAL
desire.

Besides, there will always be a demand by the art market for
real silver-geletin based photographs. I'd rather not have the
competition.

AG