[OM] Re: Ebay stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay stuff
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 12:12:38 EST
Hi Foxy,
I too, would think the guy was genuine by his track record. Go thru the ebay
method of getting contact info and see if there's a phone number available. I
had an experience where I had won an OM-4T and 55/1.2 lens and the seller did
not return my emails for a week.  I had already paid by sending a money order
to the listed address. It turned out the seller, the one who actually had the
gear, and the ebay account holder were two different entities. The seller had
no ebay account and had a friend list the stuff for him. Well, that ebay-er
(unknown to me) was on vacation and didn't answer, and, I, of course, knew
nothing of the fact that the gear's owner and the ebayer were two different
people
living 100 miles apart. Contacting ebay got me the account holder's phone
number and everything was soon explained and apologized for, and as a gesture,
returned the shipping cost to me.

During this experience, while I was worrying myself sick over it, another OM
list member counseled me to take it easy, that there's lots of explanations
why people seem to disappear for a while. He told me he also thought he had
been
ripped-off once, only to find that the seller was rushed to the hospital and
had heart surgery.

George S.