[OM] Re: Exploding Eyeballs

Subject: [OM] Re: Exploding Eyeballs
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:43:59 -0600
> >In a message dated 4/2/2004 11:26:09 AM Central Standard
> >Time, joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> >
> >I'm attributing this to bulging eyeballs until I get a better
> >hypothesis.  People used to go to Arizona for their health
> >back in the days of consumption.  The eyes work better too
>
> It is not unusual for one's "vision" to improve when time is
> spent away from work.  If you would post your itinerary and a
> few pictures you might enable a few of us to take the cure.
> {;^)  Bill Barber

I hadn't thought of that, Bill. ;-)

The itinerary will post more quickly than the scans.  We drove into
Arches NP in time for a hike and last light at Delicate Arch after hard
driving from a blissful night at a rest area in Nebraska.  We love our
national parks so much that there will never be an opportunity to
photograph Delicate Arch again without people hanging around it. We
hiked up there on a Saturday night (geniuses).  I was expecting Mickey
and Goofy to appear at any moment.  We traveled to Grand Canyon by way
of Goblin Valley SP, Capitol Reef NP, and Goosenecks SP, and dinky towns
in Utah.  Drove past Monument Valley for the first time without
stopping.  Two somewhat extended periods at the GC were broken up by a
quick dash south of Phoenix to Organ Pipe Cactus NP.  Higher than normal
rain in the area had left the desert a bit greener than I'd ever seen
it, which is very fetching.  Not much more than the octillo were in
bloom, but it was still very nice.

Four rolls of color print have been processed and await scanner time.
I've verified that the 24 shift works among nature at the the Hickman
Natural Bridge at Capitol Reef NP.  I loved having that lens on this
trip and used it whenever possible.  Three rolls of Delta 100 await soup
time and Fuji lingers the return of my 7 rolls of Velvia, which might
actually arrive today but probably won't.

See if some pics of my daughter will suffice until I can get something
from the trip webbed out:

http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/portraits.html

Joel W.