[OM] Exploding Eyeballs

Subject: [OM] Exploding Eyeballs
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:25:38 -0600
I'm getting unburied back at work after a return over the last weekend
from tireless fun in the American SW.  Around the Grand Canyon I noticed
that I was having difficulty focusing with the usual aids upon which I
have come to depend:  2-13 screen in OM-2S and OM-4(x) and -2 diopter
Eyecup 2 or commensurate adjustment on the OM-4(x).

Experimentation with OM-2S yielded a surprise.  I could see more clearly
through the viewfinder without any correction.  The Grand Canyon is
around 7000 feet (4600m).  Back in the low plains at 1000 ft, I need the
-2 diopter again.

I'm attributing this to bulging eyeballs until I get a better
hypothesis.  People used to go to Arizona for their health back in the
days of consumption.  The eyes work better too.

Joel W.