[OM] Re: OM full function adapter for the E1!

Subject: [OM] Re: OM full function adapter for the E1!
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 04:39:30 -0800 (PST)
Yeah, Richard I got a brochure last week.  My buddy, the retired Oly rep,
promised me a beta unit to try out this afternoon.

Gary

"Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just heard from a salesman at Keeble and Shucat (one of the biggest photo
dealers in Silicon Valley) that Olympus is coming out with a full OM
adapter. It has an embedded microchip with all the data about various OM
lens. It has 5 little pushbuttons and you specifying which lens you are
attaching by entering a 5 digit code. When that is done, the adapter
communicates with the E1 body and the E1 will be able to adjust the
apertures (the adapter has some sort of arm mechanism to do that) and do
any amount of compensation needed to make the lens operate to its fullest
ability! Of course you still need to manually focus but this is really
great news!

use richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

List Problem"