[OM] Re: Unbelievable Conversion on OM 2S

Subject: [OM] Re: Unbelievable Conversion on OM 2S
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:45:34 +0000
I did sort of the same thing once on an OM-4, except my contrivance was much
more elegant!  I modified a double-AAA battery penlight, complete with on/off
switch, fashioned a bracket to fasten it to the tripod socket, ran tiny little
wires through a tiny little hole in the battery compartment cover to a "dummy"
battery made from a piece of wooden dowel and two bits of aluminum foil.  It
worked.

Then I joined this list and discovered the most valuable piece of information I
have ever learned here -- that for years I had been using the wrong batteries,
which caused me to use excessive profanity and threaten to do bad things to
certain OM bodies.  So, I bought a s**tload of 357's, threw the "accessory"
thing away and haven't looked back.

Walt