[OM] Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why E1 over others?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:11:05 -0800
At 01:00 AM 3/30/2004 -0800, Moose wrote:

>Lovely pics. Kids grow up so fast!

Thanks. They sure do!!!

>Would she consider one of the top prosumers? They are sized much better
>for small hands than the SLRs. Just handled an A2, really small and
>light, almost small for my hands. Unfortunately no battery, so I
>couldn't try out the new super resolution EVF.

We tried the A1 and not the A2, since I don't believe in 8 MP on a small
sensor (Hi Ken :-) ) Unfortunately, while the live histogram is stunning
(actually, my wife doesn't care for it but I do!), the EVF gives us a
headache [while in motion] :-(. I believe the A2 is better but probably not
significantly enough. She REALLY wants one w/ short shutter lag too. She
has been using the Olympus C3000 for 3 years now and it is driving her insane.

I am "this close" in convincing her to get the E1. I'm sure as soon as I
buy it, the next day Olympus will announce the E-2!!!

use richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)