[OM] Re: 18/3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: 18/3.5
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:44:10 EST
In a message dated 3/26/2004 5:36:10 AM Central Standard Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
There has been some confusion with the term 'thinner' here! Using a
49-67 and a 67-72mm pair will give you enough 'throw' forward to
clear the front element and won't vignette (well, any more than the
normal centre-to-edge light drop off anyway). But it still wont fit
because the Oly hood/adaptor screws into a slot which is too narrow
for the thread ring of a regular step-up ring.

Andrew, You have concisely stated the problem.  The metal is too thick to fit
in the slot.  A couple of years ago, I looked everywhere for one and a list
member got tired of hearing me whine and sold me one which was surplus to him.
A few weeks later Adorama shipped one which I had ordered months earlier.
The extra one was offered back to the seller and upon their declining it was
put
back in circulation by selling it to another list member.  I am not
suggesting we all become whiners, but rather that those who have a need,
continue their
search.  The truth is out there.  Hmmm, maybe it is, "The ring is out there."
 Bill Barber