[OM] Re: Cosgrove Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Cosgrove Northamptonshire
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 06:12:17 +0000
Thanks Graham

So how did you get the sky and ground balanced?  Not only have you
failed to generate any flare (;-)), you seem to have a textured sky
combined with a nicely toned foreground...

I don't suppose you had a nice little grad filter handy did you?

I was not 'puzzled' by the shot, but it had shades of Escher.  The line
across of the aqueduct was a great way to start the eye into the scene.

Chris

On 25 Mar 2004, at 08:47, Graham Battison wrote:

> Chris,
>
> You probably had the same weather last Saturday, gales, rain and sun.
> The
> wind was so bad on the aquaduct that I was 'pinned to a railing at my
> back
> and had the wind been from the other direction I would not have dared
> venture onto it, there being no railing in front of me. I was also
> worried
> about the spray off the canal.
>
> The sun was more or less straight in front of me. I remember thinking
> at the
> time that it would probably flare out and during a subsequent chat on
> #Leica
> IRC where I described the visual puzzle I had shot that day (which
> apparently puzzled no one :-)) someone expressed interest in seeing the
> result. I told him that I was probably over-hyping the shot because it
> was
> into the sun and lighting would be difficult to handle. What I
> actually said
> to him was....... don't know if I dare say this on an OM
> list......maybe if
> I issue a medication warning :-)............what I actually said
> was,,,,,,,,"Zuikos are not Summicrons". Well apparently they are, at
> least
> in the case of the Zuiko 35mm f2 MC. I will now go and hide for a few
> days
> until the 'hit men' give up looking for me :-)
>
> --Graham
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.