[OM] Re: When you talk 50mm lens performance, define the lens! - was The

Subject: [OM] Re: When you talk 50mm lens performance, define the lens! - was The Harrison Ross Poll
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:32:05 -0500
Yes, there are 5 types of 50 1.4.  First 2 are single coated (most if not
all elements of the 2 SC versions are different part numbers), type 3,4 and
5 are MC.  Type 4 & 5 (both NMC) have same front element, and share some
same part numbers. Type 3 is MC, listing MC on name ring.  Type 4 & 5 are
"NMC" meaning a different MC coating but name ring may no longer say MC.  MC
elements will not fit SC lens tubes, etc.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714