[OM] Re: [OT] Epson 2200 Printer Sucks!

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Epson 2200 Printer Sucks!
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:40:58 -0800
>Stephen..Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
>
>I think you just have saved us a lot of money in paper experimentation. This
>email should be printed and framed by the printers.
>
>I have a question, when you say "we are still searching..." and "favorite of
>ours" who are you refering to?
>

>Again, thanks for the well researched advice.
>
>peace
>
>David
Hey David,
You're welcome. The information is from Ethan Hansen, one of the most
knowledgeable folks on color management in the U.S., and one of the
founders of Dry Creek Photography. It is a very useful web site with
lots of helpful information on digital photography, color spaces,
color management, and creating color profiles. Ethan is a regular
contributor on the forums  at Rob Galbraith.com and very helpful to
folks with color management problems.

Most, recently, he has been helpful to me in understanding the
limitations of my Eye-One Display and how it's major limitation as a
monitor profiling tool is in it's inability to specify a desired
monitor luminance.

Heres is the the link to the site, and the link to the paper article:

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/printers/epson_media.htm

-Stephen.
--