[OM] Re: OTCustoms duties WAS: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic

Subject: [OM] Re: OTCustoms duties WAS: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic
From: Jason Waugh <jaywer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:50:44 -0800 (PST)
Here in lovely Australia you get given the bill when you are notified that the
item(s) can be picked up from the post office. Of course to collect them you
have to pay the bill.

Guess it works well in the fact that if the bill isn't paid they keep the goods
and can sell them to recover their 'costs'.
-Jayw

--- "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I bought a $300 lens from Germany and US Customs billed me about $20 in
fees. The bill came about three months after I received the item. /jmac