[OM] Re: talking of OM-2000

Subject: [OM] Re: talking of OM-2000
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:45:07 EST
While it is not that bad of a camera, the only thing that makes it an "OM' is
the lens mount. Other than that, it's very different from Olympus OMs. It
does not offer flash dedication with Olympus flashes. You cannot use a winder
or
motor drive. The shutter speed dial is on top of the camera, ala Nikon, and
not around the lensmount as on Olympus cameras.

It may be a good choice for a beginner, a student, that won't require
compatability with the OM system. It does have a couple of pluses in its favor-
Flash
synch of 1/125 sec, a spot-meter mode, and a multiple exposure option.

It has already been discontinued.

George S.