[OM] Re: 24/3.5 Club

Subject: [OM] Re: 24/3.5 Club
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:35:34 -0800
on 3/18/04 11:39 AM, Rob Harrison at robhar@xxxxxx wrote:

> On Thursday, March 18, 2004, at 11:26 AM, Wilcox, Joel F wrote:
>
>> I've joined the 24/3.5 club.
>
> Welcome! I recently joined the club too.
>
> I don't have the instructions. I've used the N*kon versions... I assume
> I just grab the lens and shift it as necessary, looks like up/down or
> sideways, but not both. Have to use stop down metering in manual (but
> lens stops down automatically as you change f stops--no stop-down ring
> as on the N*kon). TTL-OTF works with camera on auto. Bob--that sound
> about right?
>
> -Rob Harrison
> Seattle

I think the instruction sheet is available on Mark Dapoz's hardware page...
But you can shift both sideways and up/down at the same time. Metering is
stopdown, do it -before- shifting i.e. with the lens centered. There is a
push button that stops the lens down and then opens it up when pushed (or
released) again. I think the camera will work in TTL-OTF, but its not
recommended, apparently shifting changes something...?
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...