[OM] Re: F280 effectiveness was First E-1 Gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 effectiveness was First E-1 Gallery
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:26:02 -0000
This seems to have got lost on its way to the list.  Sorry for any
duplication.

By chance I found a note of the GNs for the F280.  They confirm your view
Skip:

Shutter speed           Guide number
1/2000                           2.6
1/1000                           3.7
1/500                                    5.2
1/250           `                        7.3
1/125                                   10.4
1/60 or less                    14.7 (I don't think the F280 would fire at
shutter speeds below 1/60!)

Oh, did I mention those are guide numbers in Meters, NOT feet - so it's a
little better than you might have thought.

Piers