[OM] Re: Using flash with OM-2n

Subject: [OM] Re: Using flash with OM-2n
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:03:19 -0600
The "Off" mode of an OM-2 or 2n is essentially the same as "Auto", with the
exception that the maximum duration of the exposure will be about 1/45th
second.

There is a tiny LED that faces one of the silicone blue cells that is
illuminated when the shutter is fired in the "Off" position.  This small
amount of light has little effect when photographing brightly lit subjects,
but as the light level decreases, it has more and more effect, until it
causes the shutter to close at it's maximum duration.

Hence, if you are in relatively low light situations, the camera will likely
fire a flash since the shutter will stay open for longer than 1/60th second,
and the shutter will close shortly thereafter as the effect of the LED
manifests itself.

Address all shipments and postal correspondence to:

Photosphere
2510 Electronic Ln. #907
Dallas, TX   75220
U.S.A.

Providing Authorized Olympus Camera repairs for over 20 years!