[OM] Re: Sometimes my OM-2 locks...

Subject: [OM] Re: Sometimes my OM-2 locks...
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:24:59 -0500
It sounds like a mechanical problem, in that the exposure is completing,
shutter opens and closes (holding the shutter open takes battery power, so
wrong batteries that couldn't handle the load would fail and possibly cause
lockup).  Second curtain slams shut and that should trip the latch that lets
the mirror down.  Does camera do it without a lens mounted?
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714