[OM] Re: F280 bounce flash/flash options

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 bounce flash/flash options
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:33:56 EST
robhar@xxxxxx writes:

> Still trying to decide which flash.... Am I going to be like you all
> and have three or four?  Yah, probably....  Seems like there's not just
> one that does it all.

       Why should you be any different and be able to resist buying more gear
than    you "need"?!  Of course you'll need 3 or 4.

> I may just try using my Sunpak auto 383 and/or SF20 (which is about the
> size of the T18, and offers 3 auto apertures) for a while.
>
> Suggestions?

       Definitely experiment with the flashes you have and see if it is a
pain in the ass     or not to use them in the way you need to use flash. I
think
you'll be better off     getting a T-32 for your first flash, keep in mind the
high-speed synch of the     F280/OM-4Ti combo has VERY limited range when
used in daylight for a fill light.
       Come to think of it, Maybe a better first flash option would be one of
the     Sunpaks with dedicated OM module for around $30 on the used market.
       That said, I still felt the need for a F280.

George S.