[OM] Kodachrome processing :(

Subject: [OM] Kodachrome processing :(
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:02:47 -0600
I received a roll of Kodachrome back from A&I today. Instead of being a
small back box entombed in tape, it was a lumpy bag. My first thought
was "Oh no- they trashed the roll and sent a replacement."

But no.

Inside was the original mailer, with my film still in it. Included was a
   copied page from their web site, with a few lines highlighted:
"A&I will be discontinuing Kodachrome (K14) services effective March 1,
2004."

Bummer.

The page does note that the mailers are still good for E6, C41, or B&W
processing.
It also gives a contact and phone number for refunds on mailers
purchased through B&H, and a link to Kodak's list of Kodachrome
processors:
<http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/543/1095/1102/1147&pq-locale=en_US>
With the loss of A&I, there are two processors left in the U.S, Two in
Japan, one in Australia, and one in Switzerland. On that note, does
anyone have any comments about Dwayne's Photo Service in Parsons, Kansas?

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa