[OM] Re: Trying to unsubscribe

From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:13:58 -0800
Wow! Flash fire. Flashed up and burned out while I was enjoying my bed
and then the georgeous weather. It's been in the high 70sF the last few
days (and for the next few, they guess), so I've been out enjoying it
and only hitting the list at night. A few things to say:

Thomas is a warm, humorous and generous person in person. He also works
way too hard from my perspective and takes doing whatever he takes on
rather seriously, the folly of youth. I lovely and helpful fellow.

There really is a reason for requiring one to respond to an email from
the server to complete subscription and unsubscription. Web adept people
could send a request to the server with from what appears to be your
email address. The confirmation response to an email  to your actual
address assures that others cannot subscribe or unsub for you  without
your knowledge. Imagine someone querying the srver for a list of
subscribers, then unsubscribing us all, repeatedly. Geez, we might have
to get a life!

Don't go away, Walt. Where else could a quiche eatin' Californian
ex-hippie new ager find a guntotin' hillbilly curmudgeon to enjoy so
much and agree with so often.. Oops, that may be enough to drive you
off. :-)

Moose

omlist@xxxxxxx wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:08:51 -0500
>"Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>I want to unsubscribe.  I have tried repeatedly to unsubscribe

<Yadda, yadda, yadda>